1953-1960 Classic Car Engines Troubleshooting Guide: Engine Won't Start Due to Insufficient Fuel Supply
Things to Look For:
- Carburetor inlet needle stuck in its seat, due to gum in fuel.
- Float level too low.
- Clogged inlet screen at carburetor.
- Faulty fuel pump or one of insufficient capacity.
- Fuel pump strainer clogged.
- Faulty fuel pump bowl gasket.
- Flexible line (if used) twisted, deteriorated or restricted.
- Fuel line to tank clogged, kinked, restricted or leaking.
- Vent in fuel tank filler cap clogged or restricted.
- Worn fuel pump camshaft lobe.
The Complete Guide to Troubleshooting 1953-1960 Era American Classic Car Engines